Subject: [Leica] Major solar storms
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:42:35 -0800

Since we were talking about auroras etc I would be remiss in not pointing out
that a huge solar storm is brewing and auroras are possible, almost expected,
for most of Canada,  southern Australia, New Zealand, and perhaps the northern
tier of the US. Of course the other usual suspects will enjoy the show also.

http://www.spaceweather.com

is a great source, as always.

If things get REALLY intense it can mess up satellite communications, power
distribution, and cause the space station astronauts to seek shelter.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Major solar storms)