Subject: [Leica] Is That A Monopod In Your Suitcase....
From: "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:42:40 -0600

I'd like to know if anyone can relate any relatively recent _actual_
experiences with the TSA airport luggage inspectors in the US with a
monopod in a carryon suitcase.

I'll be on an eastern US swing next week and would like to have my gitzo
cf monopod in my bag for longer lens R8 shots but don't want to see it
rejected or confiscated at a security checkpoint.

Since the changeover to TSA I've noticed a much increased level of
professionalism and courtesy and they'll even inspect my ziplock bag of
film by hand (with swabs, as recently mentioned) without argument but I
haven't lately tried toting a monopod or tripod on board (as opposed to
in checked luggage).

TIA,

- --Bob Baron / Oklahoma City

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Is That A Monopod In Your Suitcase....)