Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Summilux from KEH, should I complain?
From: Patrick Jelliffe <pbjbike@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:38:08 -0800 (PST)

I'm with you, John.  A little give and take and
understanding goes a long way in service/client
relationships.  I should know as I warranty my work
forever unless there is a real sign of abuse by a
customer.  Ken Ruth has paid for shipping back to him
when a shutter wasn't synched properly after a CLA.
Had that camera had that problem after a year, I would
have expected to pay for an adjustment.  Im my
situation with Focal Point, there was obviously
something wrong with the repair.  I approached John in
a timely manner, and a pleasant one, 'cause I know how
I like to be treated in that situation. He brushed me
off at the 9 month point, then washed his hands of the
whole thing at 12 months and two weeks.  I RARELY use
this lens and it was never in a glove box of an auto,
or baking on the rear deck of my 544.  Literally used
for 72 exposures.

Regards,

Patrick