Subject: Re: [Leica] Why you shouldn't buy a Canon printer
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <jgp@gilplant.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:18:17 -0500

Martin,

Custom Paper Sizes may not work correctly under OS X 10.2.x using some
(all?) of the Epson drivers either. This is still an area of the OS
that is under development. But you have my sympathy, _most_ tech
support people have their heads up their as**s.

When I want 5 X 7 I generally print two images on an 8.5 X 11 sheet
(both images pasted into a single Photoshop document with a little
space in between).

Gilbert

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 09:57  PM, Martin Howard wrote:

> I've just come off the telephone with Canon technical support.  I had
> been using a paper trimmer to cut my 8.5x11" paper in half (getting
> 5.5x8.5" paper) and then using the Custom Paper Size available in Mac
> OS X to specify a custom paper size (at 5.5x8.5" with 0.12" margins
> all around).

<snip>