Subject: Re: [Leica] veiling flare on 50/2
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 18:39:53 -0700

I cannot speak for your lens but it is a not uncommon complaint. My
lens has it, others on this list have reported it and at least one lens
reviewer mentioned it. It may be yet another sample variation issue. I
would strongly suggest that you NOT trade that lens in.

:-)

As an aside, the Noctilux is one of the most flare proof lenses I have
ever used. Amazing considering the size of the glass and the fact I do
not use a hood.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] veiling flare on 50/2)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] veiling flare on 50/2)