Subject: Re: [Leica] veiling flare on 50/2
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:40:20 -0600

?????

What flare problem??  I just bought the latest version of the 50/2
Summicron and so far I have seen no flare what so ever under any condition.
The lens so has been great.  I shot some stuff last week when i was in
Wash. DC and the results were fantastic.  I shot some of the paintings in
the National Museum of Art and the prints look almost as good as the
originals.  My exterior shots showed no flare no matter where the light
sources came from.

Gene

                      John Collier
                      <jbcollier@shaw.ca>                 To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  [Leica] veiling flare on 50/2
                      -alto.ca.us

                      03/20/2003 07:35 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

One of the more common complaints leveled against the 50/2 is its
propensity for veiling flare. Here is one person's solution:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=004m87

I will give this a go on my third gen. 50/2 when I get it back from the
chap I lent it to.

John Collier