Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters on M6
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 20:28:54 -0700

The meter in the M6 does not see colour as we see or film sees it. Also
each black and white film has a different colour response as well so
testing is the only accurate way to get a correct filter factor.
General guidelines with the M6 are to open up from the filtered meter
reading one stop when using orange filters and two stops when using red
filters.

CdS meters see colour much closer to how we see it.

John Collier