Subject: [Leica] Off Topic, Epson 3200 arrived, Sweet!
From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:58:33 -0600

I made enough time for myself to stop watching the tanks roll past the sheep
and goat herders to open up my new Epson 3200 photo scanner. Arrived today,
1 day early from B&H. $379, I chose not to get the Pro version at this time.
3200x6400 resolution.

Easy to setup, 15 minutes and I'm scanning 645 negs, no problem. 8x10's on
my Epson 2200 look damn good. I have yet to try the Silverfast software as
it has more controls than the Epson software.

Negative carriers are very well built, better than any other midprice
flatbed I've seen. Negatives stay flat once locked in.
Here's a cool thing, you can scan up to 12 - 35mm frames at ONE time. Plus,
there are no slots in between frames so one can scan pano negatives. Xpan,
I'm looking at ya!

35mm slide carrier holds 4 slides.
4x9 holder and 6x9 holder are together.

I bought it for medium format since I use the CanoScan 4000 for 35mm.

Test shot from my Bronica:

http://www.zoeicaimages.com/html/epson_3200_test.html

I added very little adjustments in PS 7.

I'm scanning Portra 400 B&W now, scans are looking great! True B&W.

Chris
New Orleans