Subject: [Leica] RE: PAW 12 dlridings (first test with D100)
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:33:08 +0100

>Be nice of your enthusiasm was directed towards things we are here to
talk >about. Leica things.

And Iraq war, and pure malt whisky, and Harley motorcycles, and some
hats whose names I don't remember, and cars, many cars, and scanners,
and Photshop, and, and, and...Very often I get much more fun of OT
subjects.

Dear Mark Rabiner I suggest that the most significant members of the
list, all member are equal, but some are "more equal" than others,
nominate you as Leica Great Priest or something like that with the saint
commandments as:

1. never mention other brand but Leica
2. never use other gear but Leica
3. never think of Autofocus
4. use only b&w film developed by yourself
5. support always extremely old stuff as better than new one
6. consider yourself as a superior man owning Leica material
6. scorn, always scorn, other optics but Leica. you know...crap
7. consider whatever high, even exaggerated, Leica price as acceptable.
8. photographically speaking any old time was better
9. hate technology. no improvement allowed.
10.nothing but German is good. Well, may be Canadian is acceptable

You can choose any other similar ten of your choice.

Jokes out, if Leica does not produce digital pro equipment what on earth
have we to do? And what have digitally speak about? I have no brand
issue so I use a high quality digital reflex camera, with his excellent
set of lenses, no adaptor, from the main Japanese manufacturer. I did my
choice but others may need to get the right information even from this
list where, perhaps, some of the most prepared pros and serious amateurs
exchange daily information. Why not? So  I still think we need speak
about digital SLR just up to the moment when Leica launches one if this
happens sometime. I find myself right now not using but Leica M
(chromes) and digital SLR.

Let me say, anyway, Mark that I enjoy a lot your messages plenty of good
humour! Without the shadow of a doubt you are some of the "more equals"
May be the Leica pope? I couldn't resist!

Truly kind regards

Felix