Subject: Re. [Leica] Carl's PAW / films
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:25:50 -0500

Peter and Daniel,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked them. I was surprised to get
anything 8-)

Have to get geared up for another season of shooting, and I'm out of Reala.
Should I buy some more or try something different? I like it's low
contrast, natural-seeming color, and long scale - it's quite tolerant of my
guessed exposures. Downside is Vuescan doesn't get the color balance right
from any of the Fuji films I've used - too red, usually.

OTOH, I've worked on some old photos that are on Kodacolor II, and was
really impressed with the tight grain, sharpness and good colors after 20 +
years.

Graham has done lovely stuff with Vista 200, and it's inexpensive. Some
folks are praising Portra NC as a decent general purpose film. Others like
Supra. I just don't like the garish color of the Kodak amateur films.

Any ideas, anyone? Slides are out - I hate bracketing, and my scanner is
useless on high density material. I do like low speed film in daylight to
preserve the option of using f/5.6.

TIA,

CP