Subject: [Leica] OT: Custom paper sizes "solved"
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 22:25:28 -0800

If you followed the i950 review thread, you may recall that I was
having severe problems printing out images on custom sized paper in Mac
OS X.  Well, I find a "solution".  I put it in quotes, because it
relies on starting up the "Classic" environment.

In Photoshop 7, I save a flat TIFF with ICC embedded that is the final
file to go to the printer.  Then, I start up Photoshop Elements in the
"Classic" environment.  From the Chooser, I select my Canon i950.  For
paper size, I use "HalfLetter", which is a 8.5"x5.5" custom paper size
that I've previously defined using the "Custom..." part of the "Page
Setup..." dialog box in the classic environment.  Then, having selected
my paper and colour management options, I press "Print".

Out comes my photo, perfectly centred on the trimmed 8.5"x5.5" paper I
put in the autofeeder of the i950.

I guess that's "progress".  We're now up to version 10.2.4 of OS X and
it still doesn't work in that.  Until now, I hadn't been using OS 9.2
(or the "Classic" environment) for anything, but until they fix this
problem in OS X, I shall be using the OS 9.2 version of Photoshop
Elements that was bundled with my scanner.  Turned out to be a blessing
in disguise.

M.