Subject: Re: [Leica] favorite macro equipments?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:08:00 -0800

At 03:02 AM 3/28/2003 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Are you able to causally go up to a small rock and get a head shot of it
>or do you need a release? (cable release:)
>What I meant to ask is does it come out sharp enough with no flash or tripod?
>I do think you need a flash and or tripod and white and black cards and
>macro photography is not something one does on a hike easily. Its hard
>to do macrco grab shots or maybe I've had bad luck. In direct sunlight maybe.
>,,,

I have good luck with an OM-4T and a 90/2 macro lens, capturing flying
insects, crawling salamanders and immoving flowers. The thought of lugging
2 camera systems on a hike is not my idea of fun though.

My wife did get some good shots of the salamanders (I mean, not art print
quality or anything, but more like "look what we found!") using her
digicam, which has a macro mode. So I guess something like that is probably
as good a compromise as any.

Thanks!

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>