Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos Every Once In A While - part x
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 20:27:33 -0800 (PST)

>Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:38:40 -0800
>From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
>Subject: [Leica] Photos Every Once In A While - part

>Last Friday I drove down to Monterey [snip]
>The main photo is:
>http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2003-MossLanding/SurfFishing-1.jpg

Adam,

While I like what I think you were trying to
accomplish with the above shot, I don't find the
background all that appealing, and the tilted horizon
bothers me.

>And there are a few alternates:
>http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2003-MossLanding/SurfFishing-2.jpg

Of the surf photos, I like the second one best. The
lighting's interesting and you've made good use of the
rock wall, but something's lacking IMO.

>http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2003-MossLanding/SurfFishing-3.jpg
[stuff deleted]

Now your jellyfish photo on the otherhand, I like a
good deal: For me, black and white works, and so does
your cropping. I think Martin's cropped version lacks
the impact of the original-I happen to like the
jellyfish streaming out of the frame in the lower
right corner. I visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium last
summer  but never saw this composition!

Jeff S