Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally off topic.... Polaroid scanner
From: Rob Heyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 22:22:29 +1000

Ted,
I think the answer is below............

Ted Grant wrote:

> Hi Ernie,
> Well it stops in-between the, " to be scanned number selected and the next
> frame," this is an almost constant problem. It scans the wrong negative
> selected.... I want Number 2 it scans #3 or a blank space.

I have the same scanner........ well the one I have now is the fifth one, but
after all my initial problems of colour quality and scanning quality, this last
one has been working for the last two years with very few probs. Except one. If
I'm not careful it will scan between frames. Sound familiar?

The problem is, in mine at least, that the scanner is not recognising that you
have the 6 neg holder in the slot and it has loaded the info for the mounted
slide holder which is only four frames. What I do every time I put the holder in
is to press the "thumbnails" button beside the "preview" button. This will tell
you if it has recognised the correct holder. If not, then reinsert the holder
again. This used to happen quite often until I was sent a little brush to clip
on to the holder, which I presume cleans some sort of sensor. Now it happens
about two or three times out of ten, but at least I know the problem and can
live with it, pain in the arse though it is. I am assuming that you use the
Polarcolor Insight software. On other software I would not have a clue where the
preview  or thumbnail button would be found. If indeed this is the same problem
I have, you will be pleased to know that you do not have to shut the unit down
or restart the computer, just reisert the carrier.

I would be very interested to know if this helps, Ted. You have been a big help
to me over the years and this may go some way toward repaying you.

Best of luck

Rob

> I shut the scanner down, the computer down and restart everything including
> Photoshop and the same thing will occur three, four times in a row, then the
> fifth time it'll work OK.

- --
Rob Heyman Photography
32 Binyara Street