Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally off topic.... Polaroid scanner
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:54:22 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:

> Ernest Nitka asked: >>>> Ted - what was the problem with your SS 4000/<<<
>
> Hi Ernie,
> Well it stops in-between the, " to be scanned number selected and the next
> frame," this is an almost constant problem. It scans the wrong negative
> selected.... I want Number 2 it scans #3 or a blank space.

Shut the scanner down, the computer down and stand up close your eyes
and turn in a slow circle. Then restart everything.
If this doesn't work try running around the building instead of just
turning in a slow circle.

Also you could go to where the circuit breakers are and turn off the
power to the whole building. This breaks up the offending residual
magnetic fields.

Always wear Polaroid glasses when operating Polaroid equipment.
You'll loose an arm otherwise.

And keep on your scanners good side by investing in Polaroid. Keep your
annual report near your scanner. Sure you're loosing all kinds of money.
But you're scanning aren't you!?

The cure of course would be to put on steel toed shoes and drop kick the thing.
I'm sure it will bounce.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com