Subject: Re: [Leica] x-tol replacement: Rodinal
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:12:40 -0800

"Don R." wrote:

> Let me throw my 2 cents in.
>
> It was always my experience that Rodinal, in any dilution, was a sure fire
> grain enhancer while the Willi Buetler formula that is now TEC provided at
> least equal resolution with less grain enhancement.

I agree on the Willi Beutler's. I'm going to give that another try I
used it for years mainly with Panatomic x the negs which when i come
back to are the best to print. You've got to mix that up yourself
though. And get some  Potassium Iodide. Easier now because it is  what
they prescribe in case of nuclear war. Take two in the morning and kiss
your ass good-by. I thought it was the most deadly thing in my darkroom.
No they're making it in pill form and handing it out to everybody.
Blocks Radiation. And gives marvelous sparkle in the highlights.

Your prints will be glowing. And you won't be!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from "Don R." <don.ro@verizon.net> (Re: [Leica] x-tol replacement: Rodinal)