Subject: Re: [Leica] Rodinal and spots (was: xtol replacement)
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:22:10 -0800

Daniel McClenghan wrote:

> I just scanned a neg developed in rodinal 1:100. guess what spots.

Hmmm... I was looking at some old negs the other day, shot on Agfapan
250 B&W movie stock, developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 20 min at 68 F/20
C.  On some of them, I have exactly the same kind of white spots as the
ones you show in your scan.  I've never noticed them before (I haven't
printed the photo before: I scanned it, because it was a good test
picture for inkjet printing).  I can rule out dirty water, because I
religiously use distilled water in all stages of processing, from
mixing chemicals, to final wash.  No idea what caused it.

On another note: Ilford HP-5+ (EI 250) or FP-4+ (EI 80-100) looks
absolutely increadible in Rodinal 1:100.  Wonderful tonality, razor
sharp.  One of these days, I have to try Pan-F too.  Pan-F at EI 40 on
120 in 6x9 cm negs.  That's just gotta be good!

M.

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Rodinal and spots (was: xtol replacement))