Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Eating live monkeys
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 10:25:25 -0800

Mark Langer wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:57:11 -0800
> > From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
> > Subject: [Leica] Re:  Eating live monkeys
> >
> > At 06:26 PM 4/2/2003 -0800, it was written:
> >
> > >http://www.maxent.org/ch/monkey_brains.html

I think when you see tables with holes it's perhaps there to put a
picnic umbrella.

Perhaps there had been a lazy Susan there and it wore its way right
though the table.

But the Eating live monkeys sure brings the LUG to the edge I've been
here years and nothing comes close.

"This does not mean that Indonesians as a whole are crazy or unreliable
and that they lie about the Chinese, but only that fantastic reports
need to be considered more carefully. And live monkey brain sorbet is
certainly a fantastic tale. Just because a legend makes it into print
does not necessarily make it true. But in Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam,
and Laos (and probably Burma, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines) monkeys
are being sold to someone, for some purpose and this is not a good thing
no matter what. The International Primate Protection League looks like a
great place to get involved.
The Chinese and Exotic Foods
Monkey brains are a special case of the more general stories about the
disgusting things that the Chinese eat. More about this is written in
another article."

It's a far cry from this story to the Live Monkey brains story - well
he's the one who is telling the live money brain story over and over and
over and to me he sounds like a pathetic adolescent with a sick fixation.

Above he's equating the telling of ethnic stories about mystical Ninjas
disappearing when you kill them with the eating of Monkey brains and I'm
having trouble seeing the tie in other than he's hoping people will
somehow not see him for sick **** he is.
Does the Ninja story justify the telling of this horrible animal cruelty
story? I'm thinking he thinks so.
One story is phantasmagorical the other is purely horrible.
When a monkey is sold it means somthings horrible about to happen?
Sick Sick Sick.

There are still a few organ grinders out there with digital sampler organs.
And there are seeing eye monkeys who get around better and do more than
mere dogs.
>From what I recall from Marx brothers movies they pull the wigs off of
stupid people.

IT's the writers brains which need some sautéing and put into a fondue.
Several lobes would be better off digested. The keyboard tapping lobe.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com