Subject: Re: [Leica] Bielefeld
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 22:03:47 +0100

>I'm going to be in Germany next week and thought that I'd avoid the
>troubles of having my film x-rayed by buying my film there instead
>of bringing it with me.
>
>Is there a store in Bielefeld that carries a good variety of 35 mm
>and 120 film.

I have never been to Bielefeld, but chances are that you will not get
an answer from somebody who has been there, so I'll try to answer.

The answer to the above question is YES with a very high degree of probability

>Is there a decent place in Bielefeld to have the film processed?

If you are talking about b+w film, the answer is probably NO.

If you are talking 35 mm color negative film and want overnight
service, then the answer is YES. Quality and price differences show
strong relationship, but one never knows for sure without having
tried.

There is likely to be one hour labs too. Quality varies here too.
Check the age of the machine. Are chemicals automatically replenished
daily after having been tele-analysed? If so, you should be OK

Trannies? Could be YES, could be NO

Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist