Subject: Re: [Leica] Alternate to current 35mm ASPH?
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 19:44:45 -0500

Eric,
I backed away from replacing my 35 Cron IV as I loved the look it gives, it
was paid for, and after looking at the MTF charts the biggest difference
between the IV and the ASPH was in the edges at F2 and F2.8.  I decided to
instead add to my focal lengths and get the 24.

However, if you are adding a focal length, the 35 ASPH can be had around
$1000, and 35 IV's seem to be going in the $800 range.  If I was starting
over I would get the newer lens.
If size is really important, buy one of the 35 2.8/3.5's Leitz made.  Sharp,
good bokeh, only slightly less contrast than the current lenses and pretty
cheap; below $400.

Just my 0.02

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com