Subject: [Leica] Alternative to current 35mm ASPH?
From: "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 07:42:17 -0500

I am sitting here with my 1:2.0/35mm mounted on an M-6 Classic.85.  It
is a late spherical model, serial number 3465680.  The total depth of
this kit is about 6.25 cm.  With my favorite shade, a vented, metal
12585, the total depth is a tad over 8 cm.  I am certain that Austin
could fill us in on the precise weight of the unit, but it is lighter
than the aspherical.  This package is slim enough to slip into a jacket
pocket.  My lens is Canadian built, but I am sure that the German
version is nearly as good.

This is a great lens, much more than "sharp enough" and wonderful
bokeh...if you like bokeh.  Mine has ten diaphragm blades as opposed to
the eight blades in the aspherical, which I am only guessing is one of
the factors which gives the late spherical Summicrons their much
discussed "signature."  They seem to be relatively cheap these days,
too, but mine will never be for sale.

	Buzz Hausner