Subject: Re: [Leica] Alternate to current 35mm ASPH?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 22:13:30 -0700

Gee guys sometimes all this kind of talk scares the heck out of me trying to
earn me keep! ;-)

I suppose I'm very lucky that I'm not bright enough to think of all this
cost stuff, I just like taking pictures with whatever Leica gear I can get
my hands on and use the daylights out of. Certainly as soon as I can get it
out of the box. :-)

I suppose one of the reasons I don't have a ton of money from this wonderful
photographic life I've enjoyed for just over a half century is, I never did
any of that cost calculation stuff nor keeping track of all that photo
theory stuff.

It never occurred to me to figure all the cost - profit - loss things out as
I was having the greatest time of my life having fun being a photographer,
heck I was paid to travel the world, go to lots of neat places and have a
great life and still doing it. :-) Buy Leica gear as I wanted it and then
use the heck out of it taking better pictures. Well OK I thought they were.
;-)

Somebody usually told me what to charge and that I never charged enough, so
I would charge more and nobody whined, I thought that was cool. Then one day
I was offered so much money to shoot something that I really enjoyed doing,
so I innocently asked if they hadn't made a mistake? I mean how could they
pay a huge amount of money for some one to have so much fun doing what they
enjoyed with great passion?

But by golly they said it wasn't a mistake, so I took it and had a great
time enjoying my picture taking a lot more. ;-)

And what does this have to do with the 35mm Aspheric lens? I don't know,
however I know there's a new C-V 35 mm f 1.2 triple Aspheric lens coming out
shortly, so I may just get me one. ;-)

Besides there's only one way to buy Leica lenses and that is, always buy the
fastest glass and leave all the techie theories for the folks who think
about too many things trying to figure out how the light travels through the
glass faster because the lens is fast. ;-)

Now figure that out. ;-)  Lads it's the developer / fixer fumes, I've been
in the darkroom too long. :-)
ted

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Alternate to current 35mm ASPH?)