Subject: More 400TX was Re: [Leica] PAW 14 dlridings
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 11:36:21 +0200

>Are these scans from the negatives or from prints?  If they are neg
>scans, then it would appear that New Tri-X scans better than old Tri-X.
>   The tonality of this stuff is lovely.  Alt2 even has a bit of that
>"old", high-silver 1930s look to it.  Did you use any filter, or are
>these straight unfiltered shots?

Martin, for what it's worth (probably nothing, since we're looking at
screens), I've put up three more shots from the same roll (same development
times and all of that, no filter, people).

First just a shot with window lighting together with a small section of the
original scan, sharpened in an attempt to bring out the grain.

http://www.dlridings.com/temp/e02.htm

Then my son turned away from the window (I had metered for the side facing
the window) resulting in a shot of the "shadow side", the side I hadn't
metered for. (Nope, no M7 to help me out here :) )

http://www.dlridings.com/temp/e03.htm

And finally an extremely contrasty shot of the flowers in the window.

http://www.dlridings.com/temp/e04.htm

I don't think Tri-X people have a thing to worry about. A few tests to get
a feeling for any differences and then they're off.

Daniel