Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Titanium
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 05:12:56 +0800

on 9/4/03 12:45 am, Skip Williams at leica@skipwilliams.com wrote:

> Collectible?  It's probably collectible, as are just about all non-standard
> Leica models.  In future years, most true collectors will likely want the
> camera and one or more of the Titanium lenses that were offered at the time.
> I think that there were three: 35/1.4, 50/1.4, and 90/2?

The M6 Titanium was offered initially with pre-ASPH 35/1.4 in 1992.  Then
the 35/1.4 ASPH., 50/1.4 and 90/2.8 Titanium lenses came along, with the
90/2.8 introduced in 1998.

In late 2001 when the M6 TTL Titanium was introduced, three more titanium
lenses were offered: 50/2.0, 35/2.0 ASPH., an APO 90/2.0 ASPH.

In all there have been seven titanium lenses offered.  You can probably tell
I am fond of the titanium series, and indeed I am.  The M6 that I use most
and like best is a M6 Titanium (classic) fitted with M6J finder, titanium
50/1.4, titanium Rapidwinder, titanium Softrelease and titanium Rapidgrip.
Oh, there is also a Leica titanium rim UV filter! :-)

Cheers,

Joseph <- still surviving the SARS/coronavirus in Hong Kong!

Replies: Reply from "Nelson Chan" <cchan@info.com.ph> (Re: [Leica] M6 Titanium)
Reply from "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 Titanium)