Subject: [Leica] 80-200/4 R
From: David Rodgers <drodgers1@lightcurves.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 23:47:15 -0700

I echo the recent positive comments regarding the 80-200/4 R. When I shoot
SLR I use that lens, along with a 50/2 and 28/2.8 and R7. Only regret is
that it's ROM and can't be used on my SL. Here's a recent shot taken with
the 80-200 at f4.

http://www.lightcurves.com/gallery1/image8.htm

The photograph is of my brother, who was up from CA recently. We were
hiking along the Willamette River checking out some  logs left behind by a
heavy storm that hit PNW in January. He's approx 6' 2" and some of the logs
made him look tiny. BTW, last weekend I printed this on 16x20 the old
fashioned way and it looked better than anything digital I've done for a
couple of years. I'm back to conventional printing. Swimming upstream
against the digital current, as it were.

DaveR