Subject: [Leica] Sad news
From: "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:54:25 +1000

G'day all,

just a quick note to tell his friends here on the LUG that George
Lauterstein passed quietly away of a massive myocardial infarct on Sunday. I
have known George for 6 years, during which time we have had 3 wonderful
trips to his favorite areas of the USA. Sadly we could never tempt him to
make the big trip across the pacific pond. We were due to meet and travel
again in only 3 weeks. George was a passionate Leica user and collector, who
dropped silver halide for digital and became equally passionate about its
potential. Many of you will have seen his images at

www.georgelauterstein.com

a sad loss. Our hearts go out to his lovely wife Cheryl. I will miss George
very much

Cheers
Alastair

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Sad news)