Subject: Re: [Leica] Fogg - all in the mind?
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:30:10 -0500

Ed

sounds good to me, though, not sure the Viper will do...More of a Ferrari
nut, even if I never get one...

Still looking for the right bag...
Gene

                      Edward Caliguri
                      <caliguri@rcn.com>                  To:       <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  [Leica] Fogg - all in the mind?
                      -alto.ca.us

                      04/14/2003 08:50 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Jerry-
    Yeah- you're right! I'd never get the $500 Fogg - but I love the Lyre
(at half the cost) --- it "feels' right when I want to take a body, lens
(or
two) and some film. I also like the M Classic  (www.mclassics.com) for
$135.
THAT's one fast bag -- no padding. but stuff sails inand out quickly. As
for
Velcro - al Foggs come (I think - I never looed at the more expensive
ones!)
with velcro covers so that they won't 'stick' if you don't want them to.
The
big ones (read 'expensive') have all those do-dad buttons so you can lock
'em down in all sorts of configurations , such as handles down, tops open
etc. so they serve a purpose (I can only guess). I suppose all I am saying
is tat if you like it and it works for you, use it even if it's a bag from
Stop and Shop! JUST as a Leica with a Noct might work for me, someone may
(and they DO) call US ALL elitists because we can't get by with a Nikon N55
and a short range zoom - see what I mean? I've had people who don't even
know me say I MUST be a snob to show up at a party with an M camera - just
as if you saved for a Viper when a VW beetle will do.
    Somebody may NEED that $500 Fogg - and if they THINK they do, well -
more power to 'em. Sometimes just having it around their neck might make
them more confident, and they , as a result, DO take better photographs.
Maybe it's all psychological, but if it works for them, well, who can
argue?
What do you think?
    Ed

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Fogg - all in the mind?)