Subject: Re: [Leica] self portraits
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:54:02 -0700 (PDT)

> my dilemma is that there is nothing to chop off. Most of the
> curve is outside the display,while still showing values on the
> valley side so i try to get it in by adjusting brightness.

Rather than adjusting brightness, try using curves instead.  By raising the upper portion of the image curve and reducing the lower portion (make the diagonal 'curves' line look a bit more like an 's') you can increase contrast without clipping either highlights or shadows.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] self portraits)