Subject: RE: [Leica] What power drill should I buy?
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:31:01 -0600

Jerry--

You found a Linn Sondek for how much? Good lord, man, you couldn't buy the
box for that! What kind of garage sales do you visit? Do people in your part
of the country sweep their floors with a broom once, and then throw into the
trash? I'm coming to visit!

I have a funny garage sale story. When I was in college, I had a friend
whose mother was quite the little fashion plate. She enjoyed buying
so-called "designer" clothing. She also enjoyed garage sales. One day she
was at a certain garage, and was inspecting various items arrayed on a
table, and came across a very nice leather purse, marked with the insignia
of the designer Etienne Aigner, which was at that time, the letter "A" with
some design attached to it. The seller was asking $5.00 for the bag (this
was a bag that retailed for maybe $200.00 at the time). Anyway, she couldn't
believe her luck, and asked the seller, who was just a very down-home sort
of woman, "Is this the real price?" To which she replied, "Yes, someone give
me that darned bag as a present, and ain't none of my initial is an "A"!

Kit