Subject: Re: [Leica] Iris in Black and White
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:56:22 -0700

On 4/16/03 animal  wrote:

>Allthough i find the depth of field a bit limited ,was awed by the film none
>the less.
>Allthough loading a reel hopefully is not more difficult  then loading 4x5
>i,m still not develloping myself and no labs take tp here.
>You pulled me over the bridge.
>I know it is maybe a small step but for me it is formidable.
>simple simon

Technical pan in technidol is actually a very easy developer although you have
to follow the Kodak instructions for agitation rigorously. It comes in little
packets - on packet per roll of film. Just mix and process. Kodak wants you to
drop the loaded film into the container of developer rather than closing up the
tank and then pouring in the developer. I do this in the changing bag - but am
very careful not to spill. You agitate by shaking 10-12 times in only 2
seconds!!! Very vigorous!

I like the Agfa APX 100 a lot too.

The technical pan image is only about 1/3 of a frame.

I agree about the depth of field, but the day was windy so I didn't have the
luxury of stopping down.

I attempted to use a sort of zone exposure and bracketted my exposures a lot. I
remember someone here saying to treat TP like transparency film and use incident
metering. Looking at the shooting notes I took I think this is what I'll try the
next time.

Thanks for your comments and good luck. If you look through the archives you'll
see that there are people who use their own chemistry for TP, shooting it at ASA
100 with wonderful success.

Adam

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Iris in Black and White)