Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 "Classic" vs M6 TTL
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:12:50 -0400

the classic is a better-looking camera, but if you are looking for
an 0.85 (high magnification version) the classic version is somewhat
rare -- about 5000 made, and all in black.  if you are looking for a
0.58 (wide magnification version) the TTL is your only choice.

the shutter dial direction is largely a matter or taste, on my classic,
i use my thumb and forefinger and the arrow (to me) is the direction
the thumb moves.  if you ever decide to own an m2, m3 or m4, an m6 classic
has a consistent shutter dial.  if you decide to own an m7, the m6TTL is
consistent.  if you want to use a visoflex II or IIa, the m6 classic is
the one to have.  the mp meets the same characteristics as the m6 classic.

- -rei