Subject: RE: [Leica] Raised Film Advance Levers on M3
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:55:43 -0600

Frank--

My Leica book shows the M3 next to an M2, and on nearby pages you can see
other M bodies. On this picture of the M3, the film advance lever, where it
attaches to the body, is sandwiched between the circular piece below it,
that is attached to the camera, and under the circular piece atop it, in
which the shutter release sits. They seem to be nice and tight. Because the
advance lever is in between these two discs, so to speak, it is raised from
the camera body by a dimension equal to the height of the first disc, that
is, the bottom part of the "sandwich," if you will.

If you are observing that the bottom piece is raised from the body itself,
that there is "room" underneath it, that seems odd. Have you seen more than
one of these? Where are the pictures we can look at? I'd like to see this,
myself.

Kit