Subject: RE: [Leica] Passport Warranty periods
From: "Kit McChesney | acmefoto" <kitmc@acmefoto.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:48:42 -0600

Dennis--

My goodness, here we go again. Why is it that we have to pick these things
to absolute death?

You don't have to register for the international warranty, nope. But if you
want the Passport protection, for either the M7 or the MP, I am told you
must register with Leica USA using the card provided with your camera, from
the authorized dealer from whom you bought it.

If this is contrary to what you know, then that's fine, and I am not going
to comment on this ad nauseam; I only relay what Leica tells me, what we
have in our printed guidelines of how to instruct clients about registering
for their Passport Protection Plan. I tell my clients to register their
cameras. Why not register it? Seems kind of silly not to, if the purpose of
registering it is to get the protection for sure. Unless you are a
survivalist and don't want anyone to know who you are or where your bunker
is, seems pretty harmless to me.

I'm sure if you lost your cards, or your dog ate them and you weren't able
to register because you did not have them, Leica USA might take mercy on you
and help you out.

Kit