Subject: [Leica] Sort of Spring
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:55:44 -0700

When we have a cold snap in spring, the orchardists  protect the buds by
overhead fans, smudge pots or overhead sprinklers.  The sprinklers are
indeed the most photogenic.  As the water hits the trees it freezes, giving
some of its heat off to the trees and protecting them from the bitter cold
that could damage the buds.  It doesn't happen every year, and most of the
time I am driving to work and can't stop the car pool for the time needed.
This year the cold snap was on a friday and saturday.  Up at the crack of
dawn on saturday I was able to get quite a few good shots.  Here are a few
of them for your enjoyment and comments.

http://www.naches.wednet.edu/NachesValley/nvhs/staff/langhans/ice/iced-orcha
rd-1.jpg
http://www.naches.wednet.edu/NachesValley/nvhs/staff/langhans/ice/iced-orcha
rd-1.jpg