Subject: [Leica] Re: Thoughts on Leica Remaking The Classic IIIf or IIIg With Modern Lenses?
From: Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:56:21 -0400

I don't know how profitable this would be for Leica. There are many
nice Leica III models available for little money on the used market.
You can get a very nice IIIf for $500 or so and even the IIIg can be
had in very nice condition for around $1000. i don't think that Leica
could make a duplicate for anywhere near that price. Leica did make
some modern screw mot lenses recently and they did not sell all that
well. ( I LOVE my screw mount 35 mm ASPH Summicron.

I would like for Leica to make all M lenses in screw mount and sell
them with an M adapter included, but I'm not going to hold my breath
until that happens.

Ken Wilcox