Subject: Re: [Leica] Uncertainty Principle
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:48:01 -0700 (PDT)

Kit McChesney | acmefoto <kitmc@acmefoto.com> wrote:

> Doug--
>
> ... are you also saying that depending on which lens you use,
> the scene adjusts itself accordingly to comply with what you
> want to see? ;-)

Hmmm.... is this anything like the stairways in Hogwarts re-arranging themselves?

I was thinking more in the context of stuff I'm familiar with, wildlife photos.  My presence may influence the critters in some way; they may look at me, they may alter their path, or pause for a moment; the hummingbird might delay its approach to the nectar-rich flower unti she decides I'm not a threat; the critters' prey (or predators) may also be somewhere they might not have been if not for my presence.  The fact that I am there to record the events and activities alters the events themselves.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com