Subject: RE: [Leica] metereless
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:56:50 +0200

Jerry

I don't think so. A reflective light meter averages everything to approx 18%
grey doesn't it? :-)

An incident meter measures the light falling on an object and the object
itself 'controls' how much of that light is reflected back to the
photographer. Black objects reflect, well, not a lot so they appear dark;
white objects reflect more so they appear lighter.

Of course I could be totally wrong (not for the first _or_ last time ;-)

Steve