Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Musical selections for the darkroom?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:04:17 -0700

Pericles Lavat wrote:

> Hi LUG's.- I used to listen music in the darkroom , then I realized that I
> did not pay attention to it while working on my prints.
> So, I keep the music for reviewing my contact prints and my working prints,
> after all is cleaned.
> The selection goes from
> JS Bach keyboard music (all Gould)
> G Ligeti
> KH Stockhausen
> Rolling Stones
> Rage Against the Machine
> James Brown
> Beatles
> Miles Davis
> Police
> T. Monk
> Coltrane

Don't you find the music makes you check off an off kilter grouop of
shots on your contacts and not even see the good ones? And retouching
the prints all wrong?

IF I'm listening to classical music i only check off the classical
images. I ignore the jazz images. Or the Rock images.

So I don't play music for my editing and print finishing. Only during
the unimportant part, the printing!

:)

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA