Subject: Re: [Leica] metereless
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:20:45 -0700

Alice Kroehle wrote:

> I usually shoot with a iiif and an m2 with (usually) Kodachrome 64 with a handheld meter. fwiw.
>
> Alice Kroehle

Yes that is much of the issue!!! If you were shooting 200 ASA color neg
the hey just guess what the heck! with the IIIF most any meter would
dwarf the camera seems silly.
But if one is shooting slide film and a bigger M then NOT using meter
seems crazy.
Unless someone has a carrousel with 36 consecutive numbered  perfectly
exposed slides in it to prove me wrong!

I shoot manly black and white and if my battery goes out I seem to be
able to make it home (on foot) OK and those shots amazingly seem to come
out fine. After 38 years a question as to my instincts the answer is
"Yes" !
The weather report is "yes"!
The idiot report is "Yes"!

Mark Rabiner