Subject: Re: [Leica] Images from Arizona
From: Gary Marklund <Gary@Marklund.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:36:13 -0700

Nice images, Adam. It's nice to see some color here after several years of
draught. Do you get there often? Ever go to Bumble Bee or Crown King? The
Horsethief Basin Recreational Area about 4 miles past Crown King is a nice
spot and gives nice views into the Bradshaws. With all the rain this winter,
the flowers should be aplenty.Thanks for posting the images.
Gary

On Thursday 17 April 2003 16:39, Adam Bridge wrote:
> I have a place in the small town of Black Canyon, Arizona. It's north of
> Phoenix about 40 miles but still a part of the Sonoran Desert although on
> the way to the Central Highlands and the Colorado Plateau. (If you're not
> up on US geography you may not know that the Rocky Mountains are based on a
> huge uplift that has raised the western part of the Great Plains about a
> mile over sea-level which is what puts what would be the prarie town of
> Denver at 5,280 ft.
>
> That said, here is the site:
>
> <http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/BlackCanyonArizona2003/>
>
> Warning Warning Warning
>
> Because these images are shared with many others than the Leica group, the
> site also contains the image of an American flag that I took in Washington
> DC last December. If you find this image offensive then please feel free
> not to visit the page. I wasn't going to make two sets of pages since my
> family audience is almost all in the United States.
>
> The image IS, however, at the bottom, on a line of its own, and you can
> always adjust your monitor so the image doesn't affect any tender psyches.
>
> Adam Bridge

- --
Gary W. Marklund
Peoria, AZ