Subject: Re: [Leica] 135 Elmarit and Opera Photography
From: "Marshall Hunt" <huntmc2@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:01:50 -0400

I made thousands of shots qt the Cincinnati Summer Opera, from the audience,
during the performance, with a 200mm f4 Telyt and Visoflex III, and a
monopod.  When I shot from the wings,  I shot handlheld with 135 F4
TeleElmar.  Always TriX in Diafine, which claimed ISO 1200 but wasn't.
    Opera singers don't want to look like they're singing..  Shoot on the
holds, or on the ee's or ay's.  Not on the oh's or ah's. Sometimes you can
get a good shot on the inhale.  The viso III has a slow, quiet mirror
setting, and I made very little noise.  I started with a Nikon F and Komura
200 F3.5.  The Nikon was stolen and the Komura literally fell apart.  I went
back to the Leicas, and never regretted it.