Subject: Re: [Leica] Uncertainty Principle earth alive
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 04:54:50 +0200

ok life thats a nice concept
what is it ,life do we actually know for sure?
why not assume for instance that the real life is the information flowing
through us
the collective of genetics and memory
the fact that we are aware of ourselves does not necessarily preclude that
there is a lot more going on then we can see.
the what is it called gaia theories?
what is the energy required to built a human body
from which different parts of the universe do our elements actually come
from
may be everything is connected at all times but we just are blisfully
unaware
still in paradise at times maybe
now where is this bottle?
maybe everything is connected at all times
why not?
simon

> Doug--
>
> Love those stairs in Hogwarts! Gosh, what a fabulous use of special
effects
> to absolutely dazzle all the children, and inner children of all us old
> warts! I cried when I saw the first Harry Potter with my ten year old son.
> Thought to myself, "finally, a REAL kid's movie!"
>
> Yes, I see what you mean about the work you do with the critters (always
> gorgeous, by the way), and that's just a very vivid, real-life example of
> how we do influence the "picture," or the big picture, so to speak. I
still
> think the quantum physics example still applies. Your critters are just
> bigger particles and waves--what Alan Watts called "wavicles" in one of
his
> famous talks--and they do arrange themselves according to what you are
doing
> in their field of reference. Same thing with the teeny-tiny particles and
> waves, I guess. If we look for waves, we'll see waves; if particles, then
> particles. But who is to say that life on a much smaller scale than even
the
> hummingbird or the ant doesn't sense our presence and "show" itself
> accordingly? I think your example is a good one to make us realize that
the
> earth is alive in all regards, every little bit, and it responds to our
> presence in ways both subtle and profound, even when we can't detect it.
The