Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: SARS
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:35:30 +0800

Boon,

I don't think I am the expert to tell you whether it is safe to shoot in
confinement full of SARS patients.  We wear full protective clothing and yet
nurses and doctors go down with SARS.  The _exact_ mode of transmission is
still not fully understood.

I doubt you will be able to use your Leica M.  With the goggles, N100 mask
and full face shield you are supposed to wear, your eyes will be several
inches away from the camera eyepiece.  You will be much better off with a
digital camera, using its LCD screen for composing.

I disinfect my goggles, stethoscopes etc. with 70% alcohol.  Whether you
would like to do the same to your Leica is another question!  In my case I
use a Canon S45 digital camera in a modified underwater housing and it is
far easier to disinfect the housing than the camera.

Best regards,

Joseph