Subject: [Leica] Film use
From: "Roy Feldman" <royfphoto@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:12:48 -0400

I am in no way in the Nat Geo caliber but I do shoot chrome for a living a lot. When ever we are at a 'difficult" location we : 1) bracket the heck out of everything 2) shoot extra rolls and hold them back in case the lab screws up. It is not unusual to have 2 sets of film with 4 brackets per shot on assignment. Most of the stuff I do is set up and not very dynamic but it is a reasonable way of working. Often we wait for just the right weather, pay a fee for a location + police overtime (PCHyway=$1,200 /hr)  and have assistants and vehicle movers. This can work out to about $3000/ hr. The price or amount of film is the least of my concerns.
Not exactly parallel to the NG guys (or gals) but....... I really can't say the exposure was off or the lab screwed up, I simply would not be used again.
Roy Feldman
Ford Photo