Subject: Re: [Leica] My week's contribution: Palo Verde
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:22:57 +0200

>These images were taken at night in front of the Black Canyon library where a
>palo verde tree guards the entrance. The tree is illuminated by a sodium vapor
>street lamp high above. The lamp's emission spectrum interacts with the tree's
>green bark making it seem to almost glow with a wonderful white light.
>
>These images were made with Tri-X using a tripod and my M6 TTL. The primary
>image is with a 50mm summicron while the alternate is with a 35mm summicron
>ASPH.
>
><http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/PaloVerdeBCC/>
>
>I think the complexity of the branches is too much for the Tri-X so the next
>time I shoot this I'm going to use either APX100 or technical
>pan...making sure
>to bring along a stop watch and cable release!

One of the things I have learned to appreciate on the M7 is the
possibility to use real long exposure times, (I think the maximum is
32 seconds) without a stop watch. Ok for 32 secs I can use my wrist
watch, but for the 2secs to 5secs range I like the precision of the
new shutter compared to the M6.

BTW I just ordered a neutral gray density filter with a filter factor
of 64, that is 6 f-stops and I am going to shoot some real slow shots
soon. BTW if you live in SF look out for an exhibition by a young
Russian guy Alexey Titarenko who inspired me to do this. He has a
portfolio in the March 2003 issue of Réponses Photo

Chris