Subject: [Leica] My week's contribution: Palo Verde
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:59:32 -0700

These images were taken at night in front of the Black Canyon library where a
palo verde tree guards the entrance. The tree is illuminated by a sodium vapor
street lamp high above. The lamp's emission spectrum interacts with the tree's
green bark making it seem to almost glow with a wonderful white light.

These images were made with Tri-X using a tripod and my M6 TTL. The primary
image is with a 50mm summicron while the alternate is with a 35mm summicron
ASPH.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/PaloVerdeBCC/>

I think the complexity of the branches is too much for the Tri-X so the next
time I shoot this I'm going to use either APX100 or technical pan...making sure
to bring along a stop watch and cable release!

Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] My week's contribution: Palo Verde)