Subject: Re: [Leica] New TriX
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:18:00 -0400

- --On Saturday, April 26, 2003 7:41 AM +0200 "Nathan Wajsman (private)"
<nathanw@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> If this is TriX, I have to give it at try. How do I tell the difference
> between old and new TriX when I am in a shop?
>
> Nathan

Nathan,

As has been pointed out, the new Tri-X made in the U.S. for sale here is
now called "400TX". However, I think the packaging for Europe is different.
And isn't some Kodak film, including Tri-X, made in England? Does anyone
know where this fits into the picture?

I do believe that unless you are buying from a source with very slow
turnover, all the old film should be out of the pipeline by now. You can
immediately tell the difference when you are loading reels as the backing
feels thinner and more flexible.

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem