Subject: Re: [Leica] haven't posted images for awhile
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:44:49 -0400

In my opinion, the tired expression accurately represents one of the
realities of hospital work.  Many in the healing profession--especially
those who work long hours and then are on call for unscheduled urgent
demands--have to carry on high level function despite being very tired.
This has been a subject of debate and criticism over the years, but I
believe the problem still exists.  It was the accepted norm when I started
my career in the 1950's and was still prevalent when I retired four years
ago.

My internship tried to prepare me for this by imposing a schedule of 36
hours on duty and 12 hours off for much of the year (1957-58).

Still yawning...............Julian