Subject: Re: [Leica] Optical Formula and Lens Characteristics of Early 50 mm Summicrons?
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@streetphoto.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 06:53:05 -0400

> I'm looking for information on the optical formula and lens
> characteristics of early 50 mm Summicrons. The lens I'm looking at is a
> LTM dating from exactly 50 years ago - 1953.
>
> My E. Puts Lens Compendium was inadvertently mixed in with some recycled
> papers a while back so I can't look it up there.
>
> Personal impressions of how this lens performs with color and b&w print
> films from hands on use also appreciated.
>
> TIA.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg

Greg,

I had posted this picture last week:

http://www.streetphoto.net/images/im147.jpg

It was taken with a 1947 Summitar 50/2.0, which is slightly inferior to the
Summicron collapsible. I used to have the first version Summicron and
thought it was a very good lens.

sl

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Optical Formula and Lens Characteristics of Early 50 mm Summicrons?)