Subject: Re: [Leica] copyright violation
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:42:11 -0400

I've had many of my photos show up on people web sites, sometimes with a
credit, sometimes without.  In almost all cases, it was caused by simple
naiveté on the part of the copier, and no ill will was at the bottom of it.
 I usually considered it a compliment, and in almost all cases they
rectified the situation when I contacted them.

This guy in Turkey is the exception.   He's like the guy who not only
downloaded a track by the Rolling Stones from Kazaa, added a few extra
tracks with Wavelab, burned it onto a CD and then advertised it for sale as
if it were his own creation, but when confronted with the obvious truth,
has the audacity to complain!    It was this guys REACTION which  bugged me
the most.  As if  he was the wronged individual!

(Not that I am comparing the quality of my photographs to the Rolling
Stones; just making a point!).

I think I will take Ted'd suggestion of contacting the Turkish Consulate
here in Montreal, and take it from there.

I've made up a small website with a table of his images versus mine. I'd
rather not post it here, but if anyone is interested, email me privately
and I can give you the URL.  But please keep it private.

Thanks for all the ideas,

dan c.